The application deadline for the “Doctors On Board Pipeline Program” is:
Friday, March 3, 2017 by 5:00 P.M.
PLEASE NOTE: This program is designed for students who want to become doctors or pharmacists. Unfortunately, the program is unable to accept applications from students interested in other healthcare fields.
The “Doctors On Board Pipeline Program” is an innovative and exciting opportunity for underrepresented minorities students who are African American/Black, Native American, Filipino, Latino, and Pacific Islander. Post-baccalaureate, pre-meds, college/university students, community college students, high seniors, juniors and sophomores interested in becoming physicians or pharmacists to will experience a rare snapshot of what it takes to become a physician or pharmacist.
Students will have a phenomenal opportunity to explore various facets of medicine and receive information about medical school preparation.
The Doctors On Board Pipeline Program provides students interested in becoming a physician or pharmacist with the following:
- Network with physicians, faculty, residents, medical students, administrators, business professionals
- Attend workshops and receive valuable information on admissions requirements for medical school
- Attend workshops and receive valuable information regarding financial aid for medical school
- Workshops on writing personal statements, interviewing skills and MCAT/SAT exam prep
- Attend mock primary care clinics with real patients for students interested in primary care
- Attend mock knot tying & surgery clinic for students in surgery
- Attend pharmacology workshop for students interested in pharmacy
- Discuss core aspect of medicine and engage in speed-mentoring role-play
- Parents & family members attend workshop for “Parents & Family of Future Doctors/Pharmacists: How to be Supportive”
- Receive “Doctors On Board Certificate of Completion” at the end of the program