January 5 & 6, 2017: Santa Barbara, CA: $299/person
If you are interested in attending the conference, with support from SB1070 on registration and travel costs, please sign up below by 12/5:
Seats are limited, so please sign up soon!
NE SB1070 would take care of your registration costs (no need to register independently), and then will communicate with you about the process and guidelines reimbursement of travel expenses.
The 2016 Get Focused…Stay Focused!™ conference sold out months in advance and we expect the 2017 conference to fill quickly.
You'll gather exciting details throughout the conference about dual credit models, freshman transition, and the Get Focused…Stay Focused!™ Initiative, and you'll learn how you might replicate proven, innovative strategies on your campus.
With its backward-mapping design for delivering the necessary knowledge and skills required for student success, Get Focused…Stay Focused!™ Initiative aims to:
- Increase the percentage of students achieving their academic and career goals
- Decrease the percentage of students who require remediation in reading, writing and math when they enter college
- Increase the percentage of students entering college with an informed, declared major and an online 10-year Career & Education Plan
- Improve accountability outcome measures including the percentage of students who complete degrees/certificates and/or transfer
For High School Partners
- Provide a strategic plan for reaching every learner with a comprehensive guidance course in 9th grade and follow-up modules in 10th-12th grades
- Improve student motivation as students answer the questions: Who am I? What do I want? How do I get it? and realize that they need to take initiative to reach their goals
- Develop students' financial literacy skills and teach them how to be independent adults in the future
- Provide students with an online 10-year Career & Educational Plan that will guide them through post-secondary planning and matriculation
With a variety of topical strands and experienced presenters from around the country, you'll leave with the resource materials to support the creation of a Get Focused…Stay Focused!™ initiative in your own area!